Wahoo Fitness is changing the way the world works out - and having a blast doing it! We are looking for smart, passionate people to join the Wahooligan team. Think you're a good fit? Send your resume and a cover letter letting us know why you're excited about Wahoo and what you're passionate about to [email protected].
- Embedded Software Engineer
Wahoo Fitness helps athletes get better by making easy-to-use connected devices. Our fitness platform seamlessly integrates wearable sensors, advanced-training hardware and mobile apps with iPhone and Android accessories to help everyday and world-class athletes alike reach their fitness goals. We were founded in 2010, are privately funded and have had five years of incredible growth. Our products are sold globally, including at key retailers such as the Apple Store and also online at Amazon and Wahoo Fitness’ website. We have won multiple innovation awards, including ones from the Consumer Electronics Show and Eurobike. We need creative, passionate, self-starters who thrive in a casual, free-flowing environment to help fuel our growth.
Wahoo Fitness team members are good at what we do because we’re passionate about it. We’re looking for folks who have a variety of outside interests and who are as passionate about what they do for work and for fun. You don’t have to be an Olympic athlete or rocket scientist to work at Wahoo Fitness, but you should do what you love and love what you do.
Wahoo Team members are self-starting, self-motivated, initiative-taking, and make-it-happen kind of people. We’re a small company, so we need people who can figure things out on their own, know when to ask for help, and can drive things forward quickly and efficiently. An ownership mindset is a must - don’t expect for someone to do your job for you. We think that excuses kinda suck - so don’t try to blame our dog, Birdy, when your homework isn’t done.
We’re nice people. And a lot of what we do is based on building great relationships. The relationships with our customers, with our App partners, with our manufacturers, and- most importantly- with each other are critically important to our business. We want to work with folks who have a friendly, positive attitude and a fantastic ability to play well with others. We want people who build friendships, not networks.
At Wahoo Fitness, our culture is an important part of who we are and what we do. If you think this description fits you, we would love to meet you. Please throw your name in the ring and we will do our best to get back to you soon!
Embedded Software Engineer
- Develop the firmware for cutting-edge fitness hardware designs and bring them to market
- Support product requirements, definition, design, optimization, validation and release processes
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of electrical and mechanical engineers, marketing, sales, and app developers
- Optimize power consumption
- Self-manage and track development activities
- Draft diagnostic requirements for design verification and mass production testing
- Extensive embedded C experience
- BSCE or equivalent experience in software/computer science
- Proficiency with electronics measuring equipment such as Digital Multimeters and Oscilloscopes a plus
- Knowledge of basic electronics theory/concepts
- Extensive Object Oriented experience eg. one or more of the following languages: Java, C#, Objective C, C++, Python, PHP
- Familiar with the basics of iOS and/or Android development a plus
- Experience with Git for source control
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sports and fitness technology
Skills & Requirements
EU Channel Marketing Manager
This position will be Wahoo’s channel marketing manager in the EU, with a primary focus on supporting our UK and German sales teams, and our regional EU distribution partners. The ideal candidate is well organized and extremely detailed oriented, with a strong entrepreneurial initiative and spirit. Our ideal candidate will work well within a small, multi-functional sales and marketing organization. This will require a jack-of-all-trades experience set inclusive of online and offline channel marketing, product launch planning and execution, grassroots organization, customer feedback loop management, trade show & event support and social media management. The EU Channel Marketing Manager will report directly to Wahoo’s EMEA GM located in London with dotted line relationship to Wahoo’s Global Director of Channel Marketing.
- Work closely to support Wahoo’s UK and German sales teams, and Wahoo’s EU distribution partners, on a range of marketing initiatives, inclusive of:
- Product launch planning and execution
- Trade show planning & execution
- Channel management – specifically the online and in-store presentation of the Wahoo brand and products in key channels such as specialty sports etailers, and premium bike shops
- Organize and execute grassroots marketing initiatives (primary focus on the UK and Germany)
- Actively collaborate and brainstorm with Wahoo’s International leadership team, Product Management and Channel Marketing on how best to execute the Wahoo brand strategy throughout the EU.
- Actively monitor and analyze customer feedback generated through key EU channels such as product reviews, social media channels and event participation
- Actively support key partnership activations with brands such as Team Sky, Zwift, Rapha, Canyon/SRAM racing, and other Wahoo ambassadors.
- Position is based in London
- University degree in a business related field of study or relevant experience
- 3+ years experience in channel marketing or general marketing
- Entrepreneurial mindset; Can do attitude with desire to roll up the sleeves when necessary to get the job done
- Strong communication skills
- Strong planning and organization skills and the ability to complete all facets of a given project
- Strong desire to work in a start-up culture
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, cycling business
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, consumer electronics. Ideal candidate is comfortable conversing on key topics such as smartphone technology, Apps, Bluetooth, ANT+ and WiFi wireless standards.
- Proficient in MS Office software packages (Excel, Word, Powepoint)
Product Marketing Manager for Cycling
This position will lead the current product marketing and long term road map for Wahoo’s cycling products (Trainers and Bike computers). This position is based in Wahoo’s Atlanta office.
- Create and execute go-to- market plans, including branding, marketing, distribution, retail, PR plan, and communications strategy.
- Deliver product positioning, messaging and external communications that defines value propositions, differentiates products and influences key product decisions while maintaining brand consistency
- Understand the market by continually assessing the needs of the customer, market trends, competitive opportunities and threats.
- Develop collateral for sales presentations, packaging, product sheets, instruction guides, point of sales materials/displays, and event materials
- Develop all digital materials (web, advertising, video) with designer/agency
- Develop/curate web content for product (blogs, expert articles, etc.)
- Track product performance, revenue, and key marketing/media metrics
- Analyze market and competition, including pricing, short and long term threats, opportunities, trends and new entrants
- Conduct market research (for concepts and messaging) using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Determine appropriate b2b and b2c distributional channels to maximize gross margins, and drive sales
- College degree (BA/BS in marketing or related field preferred)
- 2-4 years of Product Marketing experience
- Experience developing and leading integrated marketing programs and campaigns
- Successful track record of marketing and growing a business across a variety of channels including ecommerce and specialty retail
- Ability to analyze business conditions and create actionable recommendations to enhance product sales performance
- Experience creating and implementing impactful new product launches
- Experience working with advertising/marketing agencies
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Experience developing offline marketing and sales collateral, point of sale materials
- Experience in developing digital/web/mobile marketing assets
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Interpersonal savvy, collaborator, effective in communication internally and externally.
- Tactical agility and attention to details, pragmatic
- Self Motivated, Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for fitness technology
- Knowledgeable of the Cycling categories
Customer Service Coordinator
The Customer Service Coordinator will work as part of the fabulous Customer Service Team to deliver world-class customer service to Wahoo Fitness customers. Representing Wahoo to the consumers for all product and App related questions and concerns.
- Interface with customers, either via email, chat or phone to quickly, efficiently and completely RESOLVE customer service issues
- Use our customer service management system, Zendesk, to log and manage customer service interactions
- Resolves issues by determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Manage (own) all incoming and outgoing customer returns, warranties and replacements
- Test all returns and determine appropriate action
- Maintain database of product issues for ongoing analysis by engineering
- Coordinate shipments of defective products to manufacturers for testing and/or credit
- Manage (own) in-house spare / refurbished parts inventory
- Communicate the status of customer returns (received, tested, replaced, cancelled)
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills; pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude; plays well with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills plus practiced listening skills
- Available to work a flexible schedule (weekends/nights a few times a month)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational ability to handle multiple events simultaneously
- Strong ability to problem solve and prioritize
- Ability to handle all customers patiently and with kindness.
- Technologically savvy; experience using Zendesk (or comparable customer service management system), Google Drive, and Microsoft Office a plus
- Strong bias for action and demonstrated desire for ownership
- Willingness to work flexible schedule to include early evenings and weekends.
- Foreign language a plus
- Enjoys cycling is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sport/fitness and technology
Technical Support Center Manager
The Technical Support Center Manager will direct the day-to- day operations of Wahoo’s technical support center including management of 12+ technical support representatives.
- Provide clear performance expectations
- Create and manage the work schedule
- Monitor and manage daily workflow
- Continuously monitor metrics (response and resolution time, satisfaction) and take any necessary action
Manage the technical support center agents:
- Coaching and training
- Technical guidance on “smart” connected devices
- How to deal with difficult customers
- Appropriate phone and written communications
Provide technical and customer service guidance:
- Working manager who actively answers customer calls and tickets
Resolve customer issues
- Successful track record managing a customer service center
- Expertise with Zendesk or similar customer service system, preferably as administrator
- Ability to relate to the fitness/cyclist consumer
- Strong understanding of connected devices including third-party apps
- Extremely detail oriented with a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment