The Summary/Home Page enables new Workouts to be initiated and recorded.
To Start a New Workout:
- Make sure the device has Bluetooth turned on so it can communicate with your sensor(s).
- Select what kind of workout you wish to do from the list of workout types using the slider.
- Use the Pencil icon to edit your workout if changes are required.
- Select the green “Play” button to open a new workout.
- Make sure the sensor(s) you plan to use are awake and paired to your device (view linked sensors using the Sensor icon in the top right corner).
- Select the green “Start” button to begin the workout.
During a Workout:
- To Pause your Workout: Once a workout has started, the green “Start” button will change to become a red “Pause” button. Use this button to pause the workout at any time or to finish your workout.
- To View your Workout Screens: Swipe left or right to navigate through the screens available for the given workout type. The position of the screens is indicated by the blue line displayed above the lap button. The screen to the left of the default screen is for GPS tracking (if available); the screens to the right are customisable and will reflect the data you have selected to display for that workout.
- KICKR users: Swipe right until the end of the screens to view the KICKR page. This page enables you to view your workout and control the KICKR. Depending on your preference, there are four options:
- Level mode: Use the “-“ & “+” buttons to change the power curve. Increasing numbers increases the grade, to a maximum of 4.5%. Using this option is similar to a fluid or wind trainer, the faster you pedal, the harder it gets.
- Resistance mode: Use the “-“ & “+” buttons to change the resistance. Increasing numbers increases the resistance, to a maximum of 100%. Using this option is similar to adjusting the brake on a stationary bike. Regardless of speed, the brake will remain set until you adjust it.
- ERG mode: Use the “+” & “-“ buttons to select your preferred power output. Using this option will cause the KICKR to increase/decrease resistance in order to produce a constant power output, regardless of speed. e.g. If your cadence drops, resistance will increase to enable the same power output.
- Sim mode: Enter your slope (grade), wind speed (headwind) and your bike type to simulate the power curve associated with those factors in an outdoor ride. Ensure that your weight and tire size has been set up in order to ensure accurate power calculations (Wheel Circumference is accessible in the Saved Sensors>KICKR menu, your weight in the Settings>My Details menu).
To Start a New Lap:
The black “Lap” button located at the bottom left corner of the screen will initiate a new lap. Tap once to begin a new lap & a summary of the previous lap results will be displayed. This will dismiss automatically after 5 seconds, or you can dismiss the results early by selecting “Dismiss” at the bottom of the window.
Select the Sensor icon from the top right corner of the screen to view the menu of sensors that are linked to this workout type. Any that are currently active will display their signal strength on the far right next to the Bluetooth icon. Select the Sensor icon again to hide the menu.
Select the music icon from the top right corner to select music during your workout.
To Finish a Workout:
Select the red “Pause” button from the bottom right side of the screen. Once paused, the red “Stop” button will replace the “Lap” button on the bottom left side of the screen. Select “Stop” and you will be prompted to stop (exit) or cancel to return to your workout. The summary of your workout will now be displayed. Select “Workout details” or use the Back button to exit. Use the “Share” button to export your workout to another app. To view the workout again, or view another, return to the History menu to peruse all stored workouts.